Discover the one and only Florida Technical University Online (Florida Institute of Technology), where academic excellence meets online convenience. They’re proud to be part of a unique family of the nation’s top forward-thinking universities like MIT, Georgia Tech, Caltech and others – world renowned for distinguished faculty, comprehensive curriculum and unyielding innovation. Whatever your field of study, with Florida Tech you can earn a nationally recognized undergraduate degree or graduate degree from a respected, traditional university – 100% online.
Florida Tech continues to be ranked a best national university by U.S. News & World Report. It’s rated as one of the country’s best universities in the Fiske Guide to Colleges and a best buy in Barron’s Best Buys in College Education.
Explore a Traditional, World-Respected Accredited University – 100% Online
From here you will be able to find the online degree program that’s right for you – one you can earn while you work and play. You can experience a state-of-the-art e-learning virtual classroom, read about Florida Tech’s history of educating the U.S. military, NASA scientists and many of today’s business leaders, and discover much more. You’ll find a regionally accredited, nationally recognized, ground-based university you can conveniently attend online.
Launch Your Career With Exactly the Same Diploma Online as On Campus
With Florida Tech's online degree programs, you'll learn from experienced professionals with advanced degrees. You'll follow the same curriculum content as ground-based students and earn the same diploma. You can even walk in your commencement ceremony alongside your on-campus graduating class.
Discover the Convenience and Flexibility of Online College Courses
Earn the degree that will open new doors with Florida Tech University Online. Studies show, college graduates not only earn higher salaries in more senior-level positions, but they also have greater career opportunities than non-college graduates. In fact, a report released in late 2006 by the U.S. Census Bureau concluded a bachelor’s degree is worth an additional $23,000 a year more than a high-school education. And graduates with advanced degrees were found to earn significantly more than those with a bachelor’s degree.* You owe it to yourself. Earn your degree without interrupting your life with Florida Tech's online degree programs.
Online Degree Programs for Military Servicemembers and Their Spouses
Florida Tech is committed to offering flexible, convenient and affordable undergraduate and graduate online degree programs to the men and women who serve our country. Whether your interest is to advance through the ranks or prepare for a successful civilian career, you can earn a degree 100% online while you keep up with the tough demands of military life. And both service members and their spouses can benefit from Florida Tech’s special military tuition assistance and military tuition discounts.
About Florida Tech
Florida Tech stands among the most respected and visionary research universities of the 21st century. With innovations in the fields of business, engineering, the sciences, aviation and psychology; a world-renowned faculty; a commitment to student excellence, regional accreditation and 50,000 alumni who carry on the Florida Tech tradition through remarkable accomplishments — it’s no wonder Florida Tech continues to rank among America's best universities in U.S. News & World Report, along with Duke University, Penn State, University of Michigan, University of Texas and UCLA.
Accredited University Designation & Associations
Florida Institute of Technology is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097; (404) 679-4501) to award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist and doctoral degrees.
In addition to having an accredited university designation, Florida Institute of Technology is approved by the Office of Education of the U.S. Department of Education. The university is a member of the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida, the American Council on Education, the College Entrance Examination Board and the American Society for Engineering Education.
A university must meet certain criteria to be named one of America’s best universities. In fact, U.S. News & World Report rates universities on several key measures: peer assessment; graduation and retention rate; faculty resources; student selectivity; financial resources; alumni giving and graduation rate performance. As a leading national recognized accredited university, Florida Tech excels on all levels by which it is measured. These indicators reflect the quality of student, faculty and other resources which in turn capture the quality of education a student receives.
Florida Tech is a pioneer in the fields of space and technology and is proud to have trained many NASA scientists and astronauts. Today, Florida Tech maintains a reputation as a leader and innovator in disciplines from business to psychology. With over $35 million in research-sponsored projects, they continue to significantly impact today’s industries. And with off-campus sites in Alabama, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia, several of which are on military bases — in addition to online degree programs — students all over the globe have access to the same world-class Florida Tech education earned on its main campus in Melbourne.
A University Alliance Partner.
Florida Tech is distinguished by top-notch educators, international scholars and world-class researchers. In fact, 90% of full-time faculty hold a PhD or the highest degree appropriate to their field and lead doctorate programs in mathematics education, psychology, science and engineering. As a Florida Tech online student, you’ll experience one-on-one working relationships with your instructors. Instead of getting lost in the crowd, you’ll benefit from the kind of individual attention that makes education that much more fulfilling. Working online with Florida Tech professors and students alike is richly interactive. Professor-led streaming video, email, message boards and chat rooms are available 24/7.
You’re in good company with a distinguished group of individuals who have carried the pursuit of excellence way beyond their studies at Florida Tech. Among the more than 50,000 alumni include several astronauts, many CEOs of major corporations, Senior Executive Service (SES) members, and nearly two dozen generals including two four-star generals, four three-star generals, nine two-star major generals and three one-star brigadier generals.
Numerous presidents, vice presidents and CEOs of well-known American companies
- Several Senior Executive Service (SES) members charged with leading the continuing transformation of the government. They serve in key positions with top presidential appointees and are the major link between these appointees and the rest of the federal work force. SES members operate and oversee nearly every government activity in approximately 75 federal agencies. They are: Joseph T. Bolos, Harry H. Fuchigami, and James E. Hattaway, Jr.
- George Zamka, NASA astronaut who flew as pilot for the STS-120 mission in August 2007
- Kay Hire, NASA astronaut who flew aboard Space Shuttle Columbia in 1998
- Joan Higgenbotham and Sunita Williams, NASA astronauts who flew on the Space Shuttle Discovery mission in 2006; Sunita Williams is also the world record holder for females with four spacewalks, totaling 29 hours and 17 minutes of extravehicular activity
- Nearly two dozen generals including two four-star generals: General Herbert J. McChrystal; and Johnnie E. Wilson, USA (Ret); four three-star generals: LTG Douglas D. Buchholtz, USA; LTG Otto J. Guenther, USA (Ret); LTG Ronald V. Hite, USA (Ret); and LTG Hubert G. Smith, USA (Ret); nine two-star major generals: MG Jere H. Akin, USA (Ret); MG James Ball, USA (Ret); MG William L. Bond, USA (Ret); MG Edward M. Browne, USA (Ret); MG Charles C. Cannon, USA (Ret); MG Charles F. Drenz, USA (Ret); MG Harry G. Karegeannes, USA (Ret); MG Aaron L. Lilley, USA (Ret); and MG Julian A. (Al) Sullivan, Jr., USA (Ret); and three one-star brigadier generals: BG James E. Bickford, USA (Ret); BG Dennis K. Jackson, USA; and BG Michael J. Pepe, USA (Ret)
- Tracey Bailey, National Teacher of the Year recipient
- Thomas Bohrer, Olympic silver medalist
- Tim Wakefield, an outstanding pitcher with the Boston Red Sox
- And thousands of managers in many high-tech enterprises, major airlines and all branches of the military; engineers; scientists and pilots